NOTE: NEW DEPARTURE TIMES(30 Minutes sooner than previously stated)
Last year we hired Orcas Island Shuttle help alleviate the parking situation at Camp Moran(the Start/Finish/Party Epicenter) and to help reduce the carbon impact of the race. The shuttle service, bringing runners and their friends/family to and from the Orcas ferry landing, combined with outstanding carpooling by everyone made the parking situation a lot better than it had been the year before. A big THANK YOU to everyone who carpooled or rode the shuttle! It worked out so well last year that we're gonna do it again this year.
Parking is the one issue that is probably most critical to the future success of this event-- the park will not let the race happen if we don't keep the parking situation under control. So it is very important that each and every one of us does what we can to drastically reduce the number of cars at the race. If you didn't sign up for the shuttle service when you registered it's not too late to sign up for the shuttle service. Just email me to let me know which arrival and departure options you want and you can pay the $10 when your pick up your bib number.
And for those of you who have already signed up for the shuttle service (thanks!) I need to get some feedback from ya'll to make sure we have enough buses available to carry everyone and their luggage/gear. As of now the plan is to offer 4 options for arrivals and 3 options for departures (they're listed below) please look them over and email me your preferred options so i can make the reservations accordingly-- the sooner you can do this the better!
arrival options(shuttle will pick you up at Orcas when the ferry arrives)*
- Ferry departs Anacortes Friday at 4:00pm arrives Orcas 5:20pm
- Ferry departs Anacortes Friday at 7:10pm arrives Orcas 8:00pm
- Ferry departs Anacortes Friday at 7:50pm arrives Orcas 9:05pm
- Ferry departs Anacortes Saturday at 5:35am arrives Orcas 7:00am
- Shuttle departs Camp Moran Saturday at 12:55pm to catch the 2:10pm ferry
- Shuttle departs Camp Moran Saturday at 5:05pm to catch the 6:20pm ferry
- Shuttle departs Camp Moran Sunday at 10:15am to catch the 11:30am ferry
- We might be able to add an earlier Sunday AM shuttle too if folks want.
*These are my preferred options but there are other options for the shuttle if none of these work for you so please let me know what would work better for you and we'll see if we can work it out.